Wednesday, 31 December 2014

2014: The Blessed Year




Dear 2014 or life or whoever is reading this,

So, it’s finally the end of this year. What adjective should be attributed to 2014? Amazing? Fantastic? Boring? Hhhhmmm…it was a roller coaster ride, with highs and lows, lows so low that I had never imagined. However, the highs made it a blessed year for me. And the lows? They gave me new challenges I think I could overcome.

Sounding philosophical? This is just the beginning. As a little good girl, let me start thanking God for what I’ve gained. Good friends!!! They were as crazy as me. We didn’t hesitate to be our original selves with each other. I know I’ll miss them once we are done with Jamia. I’ve found new friends this year, and I hope our friendship grows stronger. My parents are always on the top of my list. The strength they gave me, their support, love and care…everything matters!

Well, I had bad experiences. Some were unimaginable. But, they strengthened me, renewed my relationship with God, and took me onto a whole new level, where I could feel His love. 2014 was the year where I explored my spirituality and it got a whole new dimension. I tasted God’s love in an altogether different manner and I experienced His promises. I had only read Bible verses like ‘Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6)’. But, 2014 was the year I truly experienced the promise. There was a day when I experienced His strength immensely when I found it too difficult to handle. He surrounded me with His wings and took care of me. I know many people might find me a bit religious. But, I cannot stop proclaiming His works after what I have gone through. I have no words to describe how God answered my prayers and I know He was by my side. Some might ask, ‘how do you know it was God?’ Well, I can just quote Dan Hayes here, who says, “All I know is that when I pray, coincidences happen; and when I don’t pray, they don’t happen.”

Being an individual who tries to think logically and questions everything, I haven’t believed in Christ just because I was born in a Christian family. I believe in Him because I have experienced him firsthand. When I was too sad, He held me up. He gave me His joy, and now, I am always happy, with no reason. I know He was in control. Without Him, things would have gone haywire. I am ready to make known His love amongst all those around me. When people question the existence of God, I wonder whether apologetics or theology could help them. You need to experience the living God to know whether He exists.

2014 taught me to worship God with freedom, and to praise Him in each and every situation. I am able to thank Him even in the worst circumstances. I have learnt to deal more maturely with people, and I am filled with love for everyone. There’s no place for hatred, and I am learning to step into the shoes of others, when they react in a particular way. But, to my caution, there’s room for improvement. And every individual is beautiful with her/his imperfections.

Surely, a lot of good and bad happenings have occurred. However, they taught me to look above and say, ‘God, I know you’re there.’

Hoping for the best in 2015!!!!


Yours lovingly,
Sarah J



***

No comments:

Post a Comment